Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A life long fight with my weight

I decided to start this blog because I think it will be helpful to me, as well as maybe help others who are in the same situation as me. All my life I have struggled with my weight, I gain it, I lose it, I gain it back and then some its a vicious cycle. I am 34 years old. Its time for that cycle to stop. I am tired of being overweight and unhealthy. My weight issues began in high school, though I wasn't that big then.  After I graduated I got into a serious relationship which had me eating fast food all the time. I ballooned up to almost 200 lbs and on a 5 foot 0 frame I looked huge. I was huge. I began watching what I ate and walking with my mom in the mornings on our hilly country road and I lost about 60 lbs. I felt amazing.  Then I got pregant with my first child.  Of course when I was pregnant I used my pregnancy as an excuse to eat, as most women do.  After all I was "eating for two". So I gained alot of weight with my first child.  I never lost the weight from having him before I got pregnant with my daughter so I was pretty soon back up to near 200lbs again.  Got back on track and worked my holy butt off over a two year period and lost 60 lbs.  At one point I did weight watchers and lost an additional 25 lbs. I have gained 30 of it back. I'm sick of the yo yo'ing. Sick of looking in the mirror and never liking what I see.  I have to make a change. A lifestyle change. 
     Jamie (one of my best friends and coworker) and I came across this "diet". I put diet in quotes because its not really a diet. Its a protocol. Its called HCG. It can be taken by injection or in liquid drops. We are doing the drops because giving oneself a shot without being trained or whatnot seems um...unsafe. Basically this is a hormone found in pregnant women that promotes the release of stored fat cells and combined with a very low calorie diet (500 calories) can cause weight loss of up to (and in some cases beyond)1-2 lbs a DAY. Yes I said per DAY. The diet must be strictly followed but has shown amazing results. Results I myself would LOVE to see. Melting away my muffin top would make me oh so happy. That is my major problem area. So Jamie and I along with our husbands are trying this and we are hoping and praying for results.  I haven't recieved my package yet so I haven't started yet but I plan on trying to keep this blog up and noting my weight loss and how I am doing with only consuming 500 calories.  There are also vitamins that go along with this and we are reading the book "The Weight Loss Cure" by Kevin Trudeau. I have only skimmed through it so far and I have learned SO much.  It makes So much sense to me. I am looking forward to learning more and to getting started.  

No comments:

Post a Comment