179.8 I am officially out of the 180s and just 1 lb away from losing 20 lbs! I am so happy. At this rate I should be able to lose another 20 lbs or so before our cruise and THAT would be so awesome.
I have to say this. There is no magic pill that is going to make you lose weight and keep it off. Lord knows I have wasted enough money on those miracle pills that do nothing. Dieting is just that, and if you go back to eating and drinking junk you will most likely gain it back. I have NEVER been able to lose significant weight without exercise. Staying active is key. When all is said and done and I have lost what I am comfortable losing, I will do what I can to stay disciplined, watch my portions, exercise, and I WILL NOT allow myself to lose control again. I never want to feel the way I felt looking in the mirror at 198 lbs again. Ever. I want to feel good, and look good but most importantly I want to be happy in my skin.
I have learned to push away my plate when I'm full. And trust me this is not an easy thing to do when the food tastes soooo good and you don't want to waste it. I was raised to never waste food and I think that is where my problem began. In fact now I find myself scolding my kids for wasting but thr truth is when you are done you are done and I shouldn't be forcing them to eat the way I was. I guess the better thing to do is teach them not to get more on their plate than they think they can eat. I dont know, anyway the way I look at food has changed a lot. I have mad discipline when it comes to sugar. Something I never thought I could do. The same with Pasta, in fact had to make pasta salad for my son for his birthday (I LOVE pasta salad) But just gotta keep my eyes on the prize. I am in this to win. To be healthy. To feel amazing.
Monday, April 6, 2015
Progress is progress
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment